Septran tablet is used for treating, preventing and overcoming from Urinary tract infections, Middle ear infections, Bronchitis, Intestinal infections, traveller’s diarrhoea, and infections caused by parasite lungs infection and for other conditions.
Septran tablet contains Sulfamethoxazole (400mg) and Trimethoprim (80mg) as active ingredients.
Tab Septran DS contains Sulfamethoxazole (800mg) and Trimethoprim (160mg) as active ingredients.
Septran Syrup contains Sulfamethoxazole (200mg) and Trimethoprim (40mg) as active ingredients.
Septran Medicine is prescribed by your doctor as per the requirement and it works by stopping the bacterial growth that is responsible for various kinds of infections.
Sulfamethoxazole is an antibiotic that is used for treating bronchitis, prostatitis, and urinary tract infections. It is symbolically represented as SMZ or SMX. It had been proved that this drug is effective for both gram negative and positive bacteria like Listeria monocyte genes and E. coli.
Trimethoprim is also an antibiotic used for treating bladder infections, middle ear infections, traveller’s diarrhoea and etc. It is used for treating Pneumocystis pneumonia in combination with Sulfamethoxazole or dapsone. It generally taken by mouth.
Tab Septran is used for treating, preventing and overcoming from Urinary tract infections, Middle ear infections, Bronchitis, Intestinal infections, traveller’s diarrhoea, and infections caused by parasite lungs infection and for other conditions.
Septran Tablet Side Effects:
The common side effects of this tablet are Headache, Nervousness, Vomiting, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Rashes, Nausea, fungal overgrowth, anorexia, high potassium levels in the blood, headache hives and etc. The listed side effects may not be experienced by everyone. It differs from person to person and also on a level of the pain. There may be more effects other than listed above. It is recommended to consult your doctor immediately if you observe or experience any of the side effects listed above.
Do’s and Don’ts of Septran tablet:-
- Septran tablet must be swallowed with a full glass of water.
- This tablet is to be taken after meals.
- Before intake of this tablet, inform your doctor about current health conditions. If you are undergoing any kind of medication then this tablet is to be taken under doctor’s prescription.
- Avoid alcohol whenever you are under medication.
- If you missed the dose then it is recommended to take immediately whenever you recognize. If it is time to take another dose then it is better to avoid the missed dose.
- Stop taking this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. Store any medication away from the children and pets. Before intake of this tablet, check with the expiry of the tablet compulsorily.
- If the problem still persists after taking the complete doses then consult your doctor. Taking this tablet continuously for a week or so may lead to serious liver damages.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you observe or experience any of the side effects listed in this article.
- Do not chew or crush the tablet, swallow it with a full glass of water. Do not share this medicine with anyone else as the medicine depends upon the height and weight and also on the condition of the person.
- Do not drive a vehicle or handle heavy machinery while you are undergoing any medication. Do not take this tablet, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not overdose by taking the missed dose. If you are missing your dose regularly then setting an alarm or family members should remember or your caretaker must know.
Drug Interactions of Septran tablet:-
This medicine may interact with the other drugs like over-the-counter products, herbal products or even with the prescription products. Hence, it is necessary to take this medicine under doctor’s prescription only. If you are using any medicines like supplements, herbal or drugs to be informed to your doctor. Some of the drugs that may interact with their medicine are Alcohol, thiazides, warfarin, Phenytoin, methotrexate, cyclosporine, pyrimethamine, tricyclic antidepressants, repaglinide, amantadine, angiotensin-converting enzyme and may also interact with some laboratory tests. But according to the web users, there is no drug interactions reported till now.
Contraindications of Septran tablet:-
Septran tablet is contraindicative to hypersensitivity. It is also contraindicative to hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients, drug-induced low levels of thrombocytes, patients with liver or kidney damage, acute porphyria, children below two months of age and more contraindications are added according to the web users report.
For the dosage information of this tablet, consult your doctor or a pharmacist.
Storage of Septran Tablet:-
Septran tablets are to be stored under room temperature. It is recommended to place the medicine in the refrigerator if it is mentioned on the label. Never store the expired tablets it is harmful to the person who intakes it suddenly.
Packages and Strengths of Septran Tablet:-
Septran Tablets are available in 10 tablets per strip with the different strengths.
Septran syrup is available in a bottle of 50ml.
Manufacturers of Septran Tablet:-
Glaxo Smith Kline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. manufactures the Septran medicine.