Chlorcon Drug is used for treating low blood levels of potassium chloride (is called as hypokalemia) and for other conditions.
Chlorcon contains Potassium Chloride. It is available in the form of tablets and as well as injection.
Chlorcon Drug Benefits :-
Chlorcon is used in treating, preventing and controlling HYPOKALEMIA, which is caused by low levels of potassium Chloride in blood.
* Potassium chloride is useful for performing several functions in our body. Especially, for the heart beat.
* Chlorcon is given by your doctor whenever you suffer from long time diarrhoea or vomiting ( as these may result in lowering potassium chloride levels).
Drug side effects :-
Chlorcon shows some mild side effects. But it is not necessary to be experienced by everyone. If these side effects become severe and worsen then consult your doctor immediately. Following are the side effects of this drug :-
* Allergic reaction.
* Uneven heart beat.
* Extreme thirst.
* Muscle weakness.
* Leg discomfort.
* Coughing up of blood..
* Severe stomach pain.
It is recommended to visit your doctor if you experience any of the side effects.
Chlorcon Precautions :-
If you are undergoing this medication then some precautions are to be followed. Below are the listed points to be followed :-
* Inform doctor about your current health conditions (before intake).
* Stop this medication if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
* Everytime you visit to a doctor, it is most important to inform your doctor if you are undergoing any other medication.
Chlorcon Drug Do’s and Don’ts :-
* Consume this medicine after food.
* Breast feeding can be continued only under doctor prescription, if you are under this medication.
* Ask your doctor about the dosage and the duration of intake.
* Hence, it most important to consult your doctor before taking any medicine.
* Don’t drink alcohol while you are under medication.
* Do not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery as it may be dangerous.
* Do not take over dosage.
* If you are missing dose regularly then it is better to set an alarm.
* Do not take this medicine if you have any other diseases. Inform your doctor about the current health conditions.
* Do not breast feed as it may harmful to a nursing baby.
Chlorcon Drug Interactions :-
Chlorcon Drug may interact with other drugs such as prescription, over-the-counter products, vitamin and herbal products. If you take other drugs with chlorcon then consult your doctor.
* An ACE inhibitors.
* Any type of diuretic.
There may be other drugs interactions which are not listed above.
Chlorcon Contraindications :-
Chlorcon is contraindicative to chronic renal failure, systemic acidosis, extensive tissue breakdown, acute dehydration, allergy.
Storage of Chlorcon Drug:-
* All medicines are to be stored at room temperature.
* Keep away from direct sunlight and heat.
* Freezing of medicines should be avoided unless if required.
* Keep the medicines reach out of children and pets.
Dosage of Chlorcon Drug:-
Consult your doctor for dosage information of this drug, as it is available in both tablet and injection forms.
Chlorcon Drug Manufacturers :-
Usher-Smith Laboratories, Sandoz manufactures this drug.